WE OFFER 2 TYPES OF ROCK CLIMBING FOR BEGINNERS:
1. Top Rope Climbing
Climbing with a Harness and Rope on our 40 foot top rope walls. To climb on our top rope walls, you must be belayed by someone with a Gravity Vault Belay Certification (see more info on Top Rope Belaying* below).
If no-one in your party has belaying experience, you can climb with one of our staff members. Call us at (516) 777-9255 or click "Book Online" in the menu above to make a reservation. Our most popular staff-led option is a Staff Belayed Climbing Session: an hour of fun top rope climbing for up to 4 people with an instructor. Do you have a group of 5 or more? Call us for group climbing options!
Climbing without ropes on our 15 foot bouldering walls. If you are looking to boulder, just come on in and purchase a Day Pass
1ST TIME CLIMBERS AND FAMILIES WITH KIDS
To climb our top-rope walls, call us! (516) 777-9255 or click "Book Online" on the menu above.
Just coming in to boulder? Come on in any time to purchase a day pass and shoe rental at the front desk; no reservation is required for bouldering.
Our recommended minimum age is 5. Children as young as 4 can top rope climb but MUST be belayed by a Gravity Vault Instructor. Reservations are highly recommended: call (516) 777-9255 or click "Book Online" on the menu above.
*TOP ROPE BELAYING
Climbers ages 14+ can belay unsupervised in the facility. If you already know how to tie a figure-8 follow through knot with a double overhand stopper knot and can belay with a Gri-Gri device, come in any time and purchase a day pass. Our front desk staff will conduct a belay test.
If you do not know how to belay but would like to learn, we will teach you everything you need to know! We run belay classes 4 times per week and also offer private classes. Call us at (516) 777-9255 or click "Book Online" on the menu above to sign-up for one of our classes.
Auto belays may only be used by climbers who have a Gravity Vault Belay Certification or who are clipped in by someone who is Gravity Vault Belay Certified.
Climbers ages 16+ can lead climb in the facility. Please call in advance for lead test availability (516) 777-9255.
At a Glance
- Memberships, Day Rates, Adult & Kids' Classes, Youth Climbing Teams, Birthdays, Corporate Events and much more!!
- More than 20,000sqft Of Unique Fitness And Recreation Space
- Over 100 Rope Climbing Stations
- Multiple Lead Climbing Stations Including A Dedicated Lead Arch
- Two Separate Extensive Bouldering Areas
- 10m Speed Wall
- Campus & Fingerboard Training System
- LED Moonboard
- Mezzanine With Walls For Classes And Group Events
- A Spire With 360˚ Of Climbing
- Crack Climbing
- Multiple Auto-Belays (climbers must be top-rope belay certified to use)
- Weights / Cardio Training Room
- Yoga / Meditation Room
- Upper and Lower Party Rooms
- Locker Rooms With Showers
Give the gift of climbing!
Click the link above to purchase a gift card online!
INSTRUCTOR-LED PROGRAMS AVAILABLE
One-hour Staff Belays and Group Programs
- Call us at 516-777-9255 or click "Book Online" on the menu above if you want to reserve an instructor-led program
- One hour staff-led climbing sessions are available for groups of up to 4 people; they can be booked online or by phone
- We also offer 1.5 hour staff-led climbing sessions for groups of 5 or more; call to reserve
ROCK CLIMBING BIRTHDAY PARTIES
Host a birthday party with The Gravity Vault!
Birthdays rock at The Gravity Vault!
Give them a celebration they will never forget. Packages available for climbers aged 5+.
Call us today for reservations!