Director of Franchise Sales and Development - Rock Climbing Franchising
Job Location: 1423 Clinton St., Hoboken, NJ / 107 Pleasant Ave., Upper Saddle River, NJ
Employment Status: Full-time
Rock Climbing Franchising LLC is the franchisor of indoor rock climbing facilities that operate under The Gravity Vault name. Currently we are the only rock climbing gym franchise company in the USA with 4 corporate Gravity Vault locations and 8 franchise locations. The Gravity Vault operates under the idea that anyone in the world can learn how to be a rock climber, whether they are 5 or 75 years old. We operate facilities that offer a welcoming environment with varied terrain and routes providing something that fits all skill levels from a first-time climber to an accomplished traditional climber. At Rock Climbing Franchising, we believe in building a strong foundation to support a successful endeavor. The Rock Climbing Franchising team is excited about the future and can’t wait to share our passion for climbing with the world, one gym at a time.
Rock Climbing Franchising is now seeking a Director of Sales and Development to join our corporate team. The Director of Sales and Development will be responsible for seeking out new leads and territories as well as acting as the liaison for the franchisee from the initial signing of a Franchise Agreement to the opening of their facility.
- Execute the sales cycle from inbound leads to gym opening
- Manage and maintain a pipeline of interested prospects
- Build relationships with prospects to qualify leads as sales opportunities
- Proactively seek new business territories
- Oversee Franchise Disclosure Document (FDD) updates, disclosures & Franchise Agreement (FA) executions
- Manage financing relationships and partnerships with banks, investment groups, etc.
- Guide franchisee through site selection including real estate partnerships, Letters of Intent (LOI) and leases
- Spearhead the design and build of the gym
- Collaborate with brand architect to oversee brand standards, site approvals, layout and design
- Oversee general contractor bidding, selection and construction management
- Build and maintain vendor relationships
- Utilize Critical Path Method to manage and analyze projects
Core Competencies that must be demonstrated:
- Comprehensive knowledge of franchise operations
- Ability to create and deliver projects within aggressive timeframes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of local and national markets
- Strong understanding of financial reports and ability to present financial information in a clear and concise manner
- Experience in client facing roles and relationship building
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Travel required as needed
- Proficiency in Google Workspace
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to Sue Pernetti at firstname.lastname@example.org.