Rock Climbing Franchising LLC (RCF) is the franchisor of indoor rock climbing facilities that operate under The Gravity Vault name. Rock Climbing Franchising is the only indoor rock climbing gym franchise in the United States and operates 4 corporate Gravity Vault locations and 8 franchise locations. The Gravity Vault operates under the belief that anyone in the world can learn how to rock climb, whether they are 5 or 75 years old. We operate facilities that offer a welcoming environment with varied terrain and routes that provide something that fits all skill levels from a first-time climber to an accomplished traditional climber. At Rock Climbing Franchising, we believe in building a strong foundation to support a successful endeavor. The Rock Climbing Franchising team is excited about the future and can’t wait to share our passion for climbing with the world, one gym at a time.
Rock Climbing Franchising is now seeking a Director of Franchise Operations to join our corporate team. The Director of Franchise Operations acts as the lead consultant for The Gravity Vault franchise owners to implement operational strategies and improve business performance and profitability. The Director of Franchise Operations will be the liaison for the franchisee from the initial signing of a franchise agreement to the opening of their facility, including the facility's ongoing operations. They will then be the main point of contact for each franchisee, working on a daily basis with all franchise owners and operators as the main corporate representative.
Improve Territory Operations
- The focal point of the position is on improving KPIs (key performance indicators) of individual franchise locations, inclusive adherence to brand standards and quality control.
- Support and coach franchisees to improve operations metrics as they relate to overall climber satisfaction and results.
- Conduct regular site visits; communicate operational and compliance guidance and education during site visits.
- Document adherence to company compliance standards, improvements made, areas of opportunity and direction on how to improve.
- Problem-solve root causes of operational opportunities across franchise sites and implement change via business reviews, action plans, and other tactics.
- Responsible for protecting and enforcing brand standards through routinely advising The Gravity Vault leadership teams on areas of opportunity and strategies for maintaining excellence.
- Responsible for ensuring integrity in operational results by reporting territory metrics as true reflections of performance.
- Seamless continuation of work while traveling on company business (i.e. conduct work using mobile devices, from hotels, and/or across varying time zones when necessary).
- Responsible for maximizing sales and profitability.
- Responsible for working with franchisees on territory and organizational level profitability.
- Review franchise owners annually.
- Analyzes territories P&L and operations.
- Coach and counsel franchisees to reach individual territory goals.
- Understand market conditions impacting operations and performance with the ability to identify, recommend and influence revenue generating opportunities.
- Influence and inspire franchisees to engage in The Gravity Vault initiatives.
- Provide guidance to franchisees on growing their business.
- Develop productive working relationships with franchisees.
- Build Territory Relations by visiting The Gravity Vault locations, communicating with franchisees via phone, e-mail, individual franchise meetings and written communications.
Leadership Competencies that must be demonstrated
- Focus and diligent prioritization of work and resources.
- Strong ability to create and deliver projects within aggressive timeframes.
Strong Communication Skills
- Great verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to present operational information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience / Knowledge of franchise operations.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Root Cause Identification
- Ability to identify the root cause of an issue by asking “Why” and digging deep to find the cause versus the symptoms.
- Ability to understand how other factors influence the issue.
Business Plan Development and Execution
- Ability to guide Franchise Owners’ in developing their market strategy and guided business plan.
- Understands the local market.
- Coach Franchise Owners in executing an effective profitable business plan and continued performance maintenance.
- Strong understanding of financial reports.
- Ability to present financial information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills: team building and conflict resolution.
- Experience in client facing / relationship building roles.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- Experience in franchise operations preferred.
- Previous experience owning or managing a franchise is a plus.
- Travel up to 50%.
- Site visits at a minimum of 2-3 times per year.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Google Workspace.
- Work under pressure in order to meet deadlines, with extended hours/days when required.
- Must be able to independently prioritize and schedule multiple responsibilities.
- Autonomous self starter comfortable managing time and tasks independently.
What We Offer
- Competitive salary based upon experience
- Bonus opportunities/incentives
- Health insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Opportunities to participate in professional development courses
- Flexible work schedule
- Multi-facility gym membership
- Access to pro-deals through our industry partners
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Sue Pernetti (firstname.lastname@example.org)