At The Gravity Vault Marin Indoor Rock Climbing Gym, we empower our team members to create a dynamic training and recreational environment that promotes inclusion for individuals from all walks of life. We share the common goal of making Gravity Vault Marin a great place to climb and build community, and we want you to help us achieve this.
As an Instructor for Gravity Vault Marin, you are the face of the business. You are the primary point of contact for every customer interaction. From front desk check-in to event coordination, you are a customer facing team member that gets things done right the first time. Instructors work directly under the supervision of the management team and coaching staff to ensure a consistent positive customer experience is reached on a daily basis.
Responsibilities for this position include:
- Front Desk Operations: Answering phones, collection of customer information and payments. Must be present and attentive to the customers needs at all times.
- Belay Checks: Review safety standards for ALL individuals entering the gym from initial visitors to returning members.
- Staff Belay Participation: belay first time visitors or members to enhance their gym climbing experience. Operate as support staff during classes and team programs.
- Party and Event Coordination: Work directly with the management team to ensure all parties and events exceed customer expectations. You will be the primary point of contact for the party / event host. The ability to positively interact with customers and prioritize their needs is a must.
- Cleaning and Organization: Must have an attention to detail. Our retail and gym space requires routine cleaning on a daily basis. Instructors are required to execute daily cleaning regiments.
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age
- Must be willing and able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Must be willing and able to work evening, weekend and holiday shifts
- Possess strong interpersonal communication skills
- Enjoy working with young children and adults
- Enjoy working in a collaborative environment
- Open to learning and developing skills as a climbing class instructor
- COVID - 19 Vaccine Required
Climbing knowledge and fitness industry experience is encouraged, however, it is not a requirement. You should note your transferable skills, experiences, and ideas that make you a good candidate.
This position can become full time with additional responsibilities in coaching, routesetting, or shift leading. If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com and fill out an application through this google form.